Crazy update story for you here!
So for anyone who hasn’t read any of my previous blogs, I have been diagnosed with Bipolar II, Anxiety, Depression. Celiac Disease, Fibromyalgia, and Sjögren’s Syndrome. Quite a list right? Yeah. 😝
It really has been just a crazy week here in the Texas panhandle. Our weather is so unpredictable, but I’m pretty sure that I know what’s going to happen before the news channels get word (just from the feels, ya know?), which has not helped this story that I will tell you next:
Anyways, my husband and I have lived in this home that we currently are renting for two & a half years. After our 2 year contract was over, the manager didn’t want to print new contracts, so at the moment, we’re going month to month (thank goodness for us!)
Turns out, for God knows how long – our AC had been slowly leaking. We have had maintenence “fix it”, but they never unclogged the drain (ended up being the real issue), they would just fix what was wrong in result to the drain being clogged.
So here we are. I stay home. We have 4 animals. And our AC has been leaking for probably this entire time we’ve been here… our bedroom flooded (throughout 2 & 1/2 years, its flooded at least 4 times!), the wood that the AC is sitting in in the closet, plus every wall surrounding the unit is slowly rotting from being constantly wet.
Their solution? “We’ll call carpet tech and have them run a bleach solution over the carpet.” Well that was Monday, it’s now Friday and I haven’t heard back. Seems to be like them to hope that we forget…. so a couple points I’d like to make:
- I have had CONSTANT sinus trouble, shortness of breath, and terrible anxiety. I know Brady doesn’t feel his best, though he won’t know until he feels better, and the animals are all breathing in this mold that spread all through the house as the air conditioner turns on.
- I fight my own body. Mold is a huge invader for me!
- The carpet here is like concrete. It hasn’t been changed in years (literally, probably 15. I wish I was joking). Carpet tech can bleach it all they want, but what you really need to do is: get us out (paid for), tear up the carpet and replace it after taking care of mold on the concrete, rip out the entire AC closet, unmold it, and build it back newly.
- They refuse to do this.
- We are moving.
- We are viewing a home tomorrow…
- Wish us so much luck…. I need my husband on my side on this one! And of course he is…. I’m the one going back and forth and can’t make up my mind- even though the answer is fairly, obviously, quite simple.
You can’t choose the location in which your life will have the most effect, but you can choose to live with the positive or negative affect it’s taken on your body.
Be in charge of how you ‘mold’ your life.
People forget that far too often.
You are the only one who chooses how your life goes. Live. Do what you love. Make yourself happy. And do what’s best for your health. Don’t take anything at all for granted. You’ll learn as you age, and you’ll think at random “it makes sense now!” Just go with it. Go with the flow. Because you definitely can’t change the direction of it. Float along!